Fri, 23 Jun|
SIETAR Europa Virtual Institute
23 June – 7 July 2023 Shifting Perspectives from WEIRD towards Greater Global Inclusion
Time & Location
23 Jun, 18:00 IST – 07 Jul, 21:00 IST
About the Event
The Virtual Institute will explore this theme through the lens of our core pillars: education, training and research. Our intercultural work continues to intersect with justice, equity, diversity and inclusion work so can we or should we continue to only rely on WEIRD research tools and resources? Postcolonialism invites us to question a new more inclusive and less WEIRD approach to our work.
Throughout the Virtual Institute, participants will explore new non WEIRD perspectives and challenge the future and our approach to interculturalism with greater global inclusion.
The Virtual Institute offers three Master Class Tracks; and each track has three Sessions. The Master Class Tracks are:
- Research (MC1): For professionals in or interested in research and research practices
- Education (MC2): For professionals in or interested in intercultural education at all levels of learning
- Training (MC3): For professionals in or interested in intercultural training in all sectors
Each Master Class Track includes three Sessions, each with a different focus area. They are:
- Session 1 – Research: In this session, guest experts will share their research and its implications based upon the track.
- Session 2 – Practice: In this session, guest experts will share best practices with the track.
- Session 3 – Future Implications: In this session, this Master Class cohort will work with a facilitator to discuss and consider the future implications of their learning within the track.
Registration includes the Film & Arts Festival, and the Africa and Gamification Special Interest Groups will host networking events that feature the work, and engage you in a variety of games, activities, and dialogues.